Date: October 8th, 2023
Time: 11am AEDT
Location: Gainbridge Fieldhouse, Indianapolis, Indiana
How to Watch: Kayo, Binge
• World Heavyweight Championship Last Man Standing match: Seth “Freakin” Rollins (c) vs Shinsuke Nakamura
• Tag Team Match: John Cena and LA Knight vs The Bloodline (Jimmy Uso and Solo Sikoa) (with Paul Heyman)
• WWE Women’s Championship Triple Threat Match: Iyo Sky (c) vs Charlotte Flair vs Asuka
• Six Man Tag Team Match: Latino World Order (Rey Mysterio, Santos Escobar and TBD) (with Zelina Vega) vs Bobby Lashley and The Street Profits (Angelo Dawkins and Montez Ford)
• WWE Undisputed Tag Team Championship: Judgement Day (Finn Bálor and Damien Priest) (c) vs Cody Rhodes and Jey Uso
We’re now on the Fastlane to…. Crown Jewel..? The first PLE held in Indianapolis since Clash of Champions 2016, Fastlane promises to be a banger. Let’s have dive into the show.
1. World Heavyweight Championship Last Man Standing Match
Seth Rollins (c) vs Shinsuke Nakamura
This has been one of Raw’s best feuds. Seth and Shin have an obvious chemistry. This match looks to be promising. Seth’s back will play a big factor in the outcome, and I reckon Shin will capitalise, because if he doesn’t, there’s a high chance he won’t get another shot. Shinsuke Nakamura is my winner.
Winner: Shinsuke Nakamura
2. Tag Team Match John Cena and LA Knight vs The Bloodline (Jimmy Uso and Solo Sikoa) (with Paul Heyman)
This will be Cena’s second match of the year, and is going to be a hard hitter. This match has had a couple of changes, going from featuring AJ Styles as the tag partner to Cena, to a handicap, to the current match up. Cena and Knight are winning this.
Winner: John Cena and LA Knight
3. WWE Women’s Championship Triple Threat Match
Iyo Sky (c) vs Charlotte Flair vs Asuka
Iyo Sky is having the run of her WWE career. From winning tag team gold to winning MITB to finally winning the Women’s Championship. Asuka wants her title back, and Charlotte doesn’t show up unless she’s directly involved with whichever women’s title is on the brand she’s on at the time (this time the Women’s Championship). Iyo Sky won’t be giving up the title anytime soon.
Winner: Iyo Sky
4. Six Man Tag Team Match
Latino World Order (Rey Mysterio, Santos Escobar and TBD) (with Zelina Vega) vs Bobby Lashley and The Street Profits (Angelo Dawkins and Montez Ford)
The LWO has been popular since it started, and has benefited all involved. There’s another group in the mix, made up of Bobby Lashley and The Street Profits. This trio should do well together, and has brought out the more assertive side of the Street Profits, which leads me to pick them as my winner.
Winner: Bobby Lashley and The Street Profits
5. WWE Undisputed Tag Team Championships The Judgement Day (Damien Priest and Finn Bálor) vs Cody Rhodes and Jey Uso
The cracks are showing in the Judgement Day. This could cost them greatly, especially against 2 tag team guys in Cody Rhodes and Jey Uso. Fastlane will be the show where they drop the tag titles.
Winner: Cody Rhodes and Jey Uso
Not a very big card, and easily the least built up PLE on the WWE calender this year, I’m not holding high hopes for the show, which is a shame, since WWE have put on some great shows. Hopefully, with the lower match count, this is a quality over quantity thing, but time will tell.