London played host to the annual Money In The Bank Premium Live Event this year, which was full of twists and exciting moments that set the packed crowd at the O2 Arena into a frenzy. Here are the results for the event:
NOTE: Spoilers ahead. Australian fans can still watch the Money In The Bank replay on Kayo Sports and Binge.
Match 1: Men’s Money In The Bank Ladder Match: Damian Priest def. Logan Paul, LA Knight, Santos Escobar, Butch, Shinsuke Nakamura & Ricochet.
- Despite being the clear fan favourite by the crowd reaction, LA Knight, with the briefcase within reach, was thwarted by Damian Priest to become Mr. Money In The Bank.
- Logan Paul & Ricochet narrowly avoid serious injury after a Spanish Fly gone wrong causes both men to land on their head/neck area through a table.
Match 2: WWE Women’s Tag Team Championships: Liv Morgan & Raquel Rodriguez def. Rhonda Rousey & Shayna Baszler (c).
- After losing the belts prior to the event, Morgan & Rodriguez regain them as Baszler attacks her partner Rousey from behind.
Match 3: WWE Intercontinental Championship: Gunther (c) def. Matt Riddle.
- After retaining the belt, Gunther was confronted by a returning Drew McIntyre. Both men stare down in the ring before a Glasgow Kiss by Drew drops the champion.
Match 4: Cody Rhodes def. Dominik Mysterio.
- A relatively simple match, featuring Rhea Ripley in Dominik Mysterio’s corner attempting to thwart Cody Rhodes and throwing cheap shots behind the official’s back.
John Cena and Grayson Waller Segment:
- Upon making a surprise appearance at the event, John Cena hyped up the crowd by teasing WrestleMania in London.
- Australia’s own Grayson Waller interrupts to express his disagreement, explaining that the ideal destination for an event as spectacular as WrestleMania should take place in Australia.
- Waller then invites Cena onto The Grayson Waller Effect during the hypothetical event, which Cena declines, leading Waller to attack Cena.
- However the 16x World Champion fights back and delivers an Attitude Adjustment to Waller, causing him to retreat.
Match 5: Women’s Money In The Bank Match: Iyo Sky def. Bayley, Becky Lynch, Trish Stratus, Zoey Starks & Zelina Vega.
- Stratus & Starks working together against Becky Lynch, incorporating handcuffs but they only manage to cuff one of Lynch’s wrists.
- Bayley decides to burn bridges by denying Damage CTRL teammate Iyo Sky the victory, leading to Bayley and Becky Lynch on either side of the ladder below the briefcase.
- Sky thinking quick as she grabs the cuffs on Lynch’s wrist and cuffs her to Bayley before climbing over the latter to claim the briefcase.
Match 6: WWE World Heavyweight Championship: Seth Rollins (c) def. Finn Balor.
- A match 7 Years In The Making, Rollins and Balor meet once again with a World Championship on the line.
- Balor’s Judgment Day teammate Damian Priest enters ringside, not getting involved until the end of the match, causing Finn Balor to lose concentration and allowing Rollins to capitalise and pick up the victory.
- Balor and Priest argue at ringside after the match, showing some dissent within the faction.
Match 7: Bloodline Civil War Tag Team Match: Jimmy Uso & Jey Uso def. Roman Reigns & Solo Sikoa.
- A very long, slow burn of a main event. Reigns directing Sikoa while the Uso’s give it their all in an attempt to dethrone the Tribal Chief.
- Sikoa is taken out via a miscalculated splash from the barricade onto Jimmy Uso on the commentary desk, with Uso moving out of the way.
- With Reigns still to deal with, both Uso’s manage a big splash each onto Reigns for the victory. The first time Roman Reigns has been directly defeated since December 2019.