PWDownunder.com: Weekend Recap, ICYMI (March 10th – 13th)
G’day everyone, Tristan here, bringing you the latest from all your best locals as we look back to
this past weekend.
Hell was Unleashed when World Series Wrestling toured through the country parading the
worlds best, a card of Brawls could be found at the Newcastle City Hall and Queensland has
launched a Project to X out competitors in search of a new star. Here’s the latest in Aussie Pro
Wrestling, in case you missed it.
World Series Wrestling certainly made waves over the weekend, hosting four massive shows
across three states, featuring an array of dream matches and chaotic contests. The conclusion of
this tour leaves WSW with a completely new lineup of champions.
● The WSW Men’s World Championship belongs to Matt Cardona after an assist from
WSW owner Adrian Menera, beating Johnny Downunder in Melbourne on the 11th. He
would then retain it the following night cementing his reign for the foreseeable future.
● The WSW Women’s World Championship is now in the hands of Steph De Lander,
winning it from Jordynne Grace in Sydney on the 13th, Jordynne had won it from Shazza
McKenzie only 3 nights prior.
● The Flippin Machines (Brian Cage and Flip Gordon) seemed to be on a roll and almost
carried the WSW Tag Team titles out of the tail end of the tour but were dethroned on the
final night of Unleash Hell. #ANDNEW WSW Tag Team Champions, WARBEARD
(Mat “Grimm” Basso and Erick Redbeard)
● The WSW Australian Championship was unveiled prior to the tour and the contest to
crown the inaugural champ took place in Adelaide on the 12th with TJP becoming the
FIRST ever WSW Australian Champion, he would then go on to retain it against Robbie
Eagles the next night in Sydney.
All of the shows from the Unleash Hell tour are on FITE tv and in-depth reviews of some of the shows
are now up at PWDownunder.com.
Newcastle Pro Wrestling held the third instalment of ‘Brawl at City Hall’ last Friday and there
is plenty to discuss as the dust settles, with a last minute shake up of the Heavyweight title match
and a host of new championship contenders as well as a new champion.
● Unsocial Jordan is the NEW Middleweight champion after defeating Dazza in a gruelling
‘Barnyard Brawl’ but Jordan got very little reprieve because after the match Tyson Reed
declared a challenge toward the new champ
● With Jack J. Bonza, unable to compete in the scheduled Heavyweight Championship
Casket Match, Matt Boyton got the chance to step up “The Chief ” after beating Mick
Moretti in the night’s opening contest but Rig was just too much to handle and the casket
was closed on Boyton’s opportunity.
● Lena Kross is now an official competitor in the middleweight division after beating Will
● Blue Nation (Adam Hoffman and Rita Stone) were able to retain the NCPW Tag Team
titles against PE Class (Jimmy Townsend and Parker Thomas). They will now defend the
belts against the newly crowned number one contenders The Exception (Carter Deams
and Ben Braxton) in a ladder match next month.
Looking north now to Queensland, Brisbane hosted the first round of the P-1 Tournament at Pro
Wrestling League’s Project X, the last time we saw the P-1 was FIVE years ago. With QLD
wrestling being revitalized and transformed since then, veterans and rising stars alike looked to
cement themselves in the new era.
● The first round of Block A saw two hard hitting bouts with Bobby Bishop taking on Jack
Tarr and Outback Adam going one-on-one with Rip Rielly.
● Bobby Bishop was able to outlast “Queensland’s Last Battleship” to advance to the Block
A semifinals where he will face Rip Rielly who was victorious against Outback Adam.
● The event also hosted a PWL Heavyweight Title match with champion Mitch Ryder
defending and retaining against Zeke Andino, picking up yet another win against his
Australian Wrestling has started the year on a roll and evidently isn’t stopping here, follow your
local wrestling promotions online if you want to support and see more from them, and keep your
eyes on PWDownunder.com for the latest slams around the country.